1. Use A Writing Prompt to spark an idea or a character
2. Rory's Story Cubes. A fun game with dice that is effectively a writing prompt generator
3. Copy existing film scenes or stage plays. Shakespeare is a great one.
4. Real life. Use a small moment that happened to you or your family members and retell it as a short fiction film or documentary.
5. Recount the day from the perspective of your hair. How does your hair perceive the world and you and what you do? How would you visually show this?
If you want to expand on the first 3 ideas, then follow along with me in my video. You could even pause while you write.